Saturday, October 8, 2011

Chocolate Chunk Cookies

I usually use shortening in my cookie recipes but felt the need to give butter another shot since it has been so long since I actually used just butter in a recipe.   I still stand by my original thoughts and I just like shortening better in my cookies.  I mean butter is good but it just doesn't give me the big, fluffy, chewy, awesome that shortening gives to cookies.  Though I will say using half butter and have shortening seems to give it the best of both worlds.  I love these cookies.  These are my standard "go to" when I want to whip up a batch of cookies any day of the week.


Chocolate Chunk Cookies

2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
2 sticks room temperature butter (or 1 c. shortening)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 bag dark chocolate chunks
1/2 bag semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Combine sugar and butter and beat until well combined.  Add in eggs one at a time.  Add in vanilla.  In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and whisk to combine.  Add flour mixture into creamed butter mixture.  Pour in chocolate.  Drop by heaping tablespoons onto parchment paper and bake 9-12 minutes or until edges are just brown.  Allow to cool a bit before serving. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks delightful! I'm your newest follower!
    Briana @ babblingsandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete