Friday, September 9, 2011

S'mores Pie

I think my absolute favorite show on Food Network right now is Dessert First with Anne Thornton.  This is one of her recipes.  I have made almost 10 of her recipes and not one has disappointed me so far.  She is amazing.  This is so unbelievably simple but was really really good. I love chocolate, my daughter loves marshmallows and my husband loves pies so this was a win for all of us.  This took no time at all to whip together for a simple treat.  This is her actual recipe for this, here Spicy Smoky S'mores Bars.  I didn't do mine in bars but more like a pie and I didn't add .  I also didn't have enough of everything so figured my pie pan was half the size of the bars she was making.  I also wasn't interested in the Smoky Spicy aspect so just left out the chipolte.  I'm not a sweet and spicy dessert kinda gal.  

S'mores Pie
2 sticks unsalted butter softened
18 plain graham crackers (about 2 packages)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
3 cups milk chocolate chips
3 1/2 cups mini-marshmallows

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  In your food processor, grind the graham crackers into a fine meal (you need 2 cups). In a large bowl, combine your crumbs with the sugar, salt and melted butter. The mixture should look and feel like wet sand. Set aside a heaping 1/2 cup of the crumb mixture for the topping. Evenly press the remaining crumb mixture into the bottom the foil-lined pan. Pop your crust into the oven and bake until it is golden brown and your kitchen smells of graham crackers, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove the crust from the oven and allow it to cool on a rack or on a dishtowel on your counter.  Melt the milk chocolate in a saucepan over low heat, stirring continuously until fully melted. Do not turn up the heat to hurry this process, you must keep it on low. Alternately, you can microwave the chocolate on low power, stirring after 2 minutes. Preheat the broiler. Pour the melted chocolate over the cooled graham cracker crust. Spread the chocolate evenly over the crust with a butter knife. Sprinkle the marshmallows over the chocolate and press them lightly into the chocolate. Sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture over and in between the marshmallows so that you cannot see the chocolate peaking through the marshmallows. Broil 6 inches from the flame until the marshmallows are golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.  Refrigerate until the chocolate is hard, 2 hours or so.

Post shared with:
Sweet as Sugar Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment