Sunday, September 11, 2011

Fudgy Brownies

I love brownies.  I think they are my husband's favorite chocolate dessert, especially if I add chocolate chips into them.  I have a great brownie recipe I use all the time.  However, watching Dessert First with Anne Thornton recently she shared her brownie recipe and I have to tell you, WOW!  These are the most fudgy decadent brownies I've ever had.  It is almost like eating fudge but in a brownie.  They are so rich that I honestly only could eat one, and usually I never stop at just one brownie.  I really really enjoyed these and definitely will be making this again and again.  I think they may have been a tad too rich for my husband but I personally think the richer the better.  Warm from the oven they reminded me of a warm gooey molten lava cake but a bit thicker.  Definitely worth trying!

 

 Fudge Brownies

1 1/4 sticks unsalted butter, plus more, softened, for pan
1 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 eggs, at room temperature
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Melt butter in a saucepan on medium-low heat.  Once melted add in the cocoa, sugar and salt and stir until the sugar has dissolved completely.  It should start to look a bit like the start of fudge.  Turn off heat and allow to cool a bit.  Add in vanilla and eggs and whisk until combined.  Pour flour into the chocolate mixture and whisk until just combined.  Add in the chocolate chips. Grease a pan, roughly 5x5ish or to make it easier to get the brownies out line with parchment paper or aluminum foil and then grease that.  Bake 20-25 minutes or until edges are done, the center will still look a bit underdone.  If you want to cook it more that is fine, I like mine still a bit gooey.  Then cool completely.  I prefer to refrigerate mine until completely set.  Slice and serve.  YUM! 


    2 comments:

    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      ReplyDelete
    2. this recipe is a bit tricky.. on my first try i burned the sugar that resulted in my batter becoming hard and bitter ..

      ReplyDelete