Thursday, September 1, 2011

Dad's Macaroni & Cheese

So I got a recipe from my Dad many, many, many years ago.  Before I even knew how to actually cook my Dad gave me his macaroni and cheese recipe.  I've tweaked it a bit, like I do with everything but I still think of it as his recipe.  I've tried many, many other macaroni and cheese recipes and my husband and I have never found one we liked more than this one.  Not to mention I consider it a "no fuss" recipe because you basically throw everything into a pan and then into the oven.  It is super easy, quick and amazing!  It is really really cheesy and rich though so if you are looking for a lighter macaroni and cheese this is definitely not for you!

2 c. dry elbow macaroni noodles
4 c. whole milk
1 c. sour cream
2 extra large eggs
1 lb. colby jack cheese, shredded
1/2 lb. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  In a bowl whisk together milk, eggs, sour cream and add in the cheese.  Add in the macaroni noodles.  Grease a 9x12 baking dish.  Pour the entire mixture from the bowl into the baking dish and make sure the noodles are just covered by the milk.  Bake for 1 hour.  Allow to rest about 10 minutes before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment