Friday, June 3, 2011

Double Blueberry Muffins

This was the very last recipe I made before moving out of my house recently.  I've been so busy packing and  getting everything out of our house before our big move to Japan I just haven't had the time to actually post this.  Looking at the picture and my blog makes me miss my kitchen already.  Our hotel room has a kitchenette.  I think they are pretty fast and loose with that term though as it has one burner that works, one that is broken, and a toaster that toasts only one side of the toast with pans that are so awful you cannot actually cook anything in them without destroying what you are making.  So looks like no hotel cooking for me!  My kids are having a blast though running around the hotel room like crazy and jumping from bed to bed. 

These blueberry muffins were awesome.  This is the first time I've made this specific recipe and defintely plan on making this one again, probably my new "go to" for muffins.  I used defrosted frozen blueberries and it turned out great.  We ate the entire dozen within an hour. 

Double Blueberry Muffins

8 tbsp. unsalted room temp. butter
1 c. sugar (plus 2 tbsp. for sprinkling)
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 1/2 c. fresh or frozen (thawed) blueberries
2 c. flour
1/2 c. almond milk
1 tsp. cinnamon 

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Grease a muffin pan with paper liners.  In a mizer fitted with a paddel attachment, cream the butter until smooth.  Add 1 c. of sugar and combine.  Add the eggs, vanilla, baking powder and salt and combine.  In a bowl mash 3/4 c. of the blueberries with the back of a fork and add into mixer.  Slowly add in the flour and milk and just combine.  Fold in the remaining blueberries by hand.  In a seperate bowl add the 2 tbsp. of sugar and 1 tsp. of cinnamon.  Spoon mixture into muffin cups until about 3/4 of the way full and sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture on top.  Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and knife inserted comes out clean. 

This post linked with:
Talking Dollars and Cents
Debbie Debbie Doos
Moms Crazy Cooking 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe. I love anything blueberry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is lovely,, I'm always looking for that perfect muffin recipe,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blueberries are so good for you! Thanks so much for linking up at Muffin and Cupcake Monday! Have a great week and hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homemade blueberry muffins are the best!

    ReplyDelete