Thursday, February 9, 2012

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Blender Waffles

These blender waffles are awesome.   They contain no eggs, no dairy and no gluten.  Not to mention you just throw all the ingredients into the blender, allow to rest 10 minutes and a wonderful, tasty, healthy waffle is ready to eat.  My daughter doesn't really like oatmeal but I constantly try to find ways to get her to eat oats and usually grind them into a flour and use them.  The blender makes the oats in this ground well enough that she didn't even notice the oats were there.  I'm hiding from both gluten and dairy these days so these make me feel like I'm not missing out.  I played with the recipe a bit and added an egg and it really didn't make a difference so I opted to just keep it egg free.  I love the combination of oats and peanut butter for breakfast.  If you can just not dump a ton of syrup on it I feel it is really a healthy, great way to start your day. I found this recipe on Alisa Cooks.

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Blender Waffles

2 c. plain almond milk
2 1/4 c. old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 c. peanut butter (or favorite nut butter)
2 tbsp. sugar (or agave nectar or honey)
1/4 tsp. salt (omit if you are using salted nut butter)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Add all ingredients into your blender and let it go for about a minute.  Preheat your waffle iron while you allow your batter to rest about 10 minutes.  It will thicken quite a bit.  The thicker the batter the more bready the waffles.  If it gets too thick you can thin it out with a little bit of extra milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment