Monday, August 15, 2011

Chocolate Butterscotch Rice Krispies Cookies

I had a box of Rice Krispies in my pantry that no one was eating and wanted to get rid of it.  I figured I'd take out a bunch of my baking things that were half full or a quarter full and throw them all into a cookie.  It wasn't long ago I made a cookie recipe with Corn Flakes that turned out AMAZING, so I figured I'd give this one a shot.  It wasn't bad, but I wouldn't make it again.  I personally thought the cornflake cookie recipe I have is vastly superior.  I did really like the addition of butterscotch to this cookie though and am thinking next time I make my Cornflake cookie recipe I will now have to add butterscotch in.  Of course, a cookie filled with Rice Krispies, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips certainly can't be bad!

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shortening or butter
3/4 c. white sugar 
1/3 c. brown sugar

1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
4 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips
4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 oz. butterscotch chocolate chips 


Preheat oven to 350.  Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl until lump free and combined.  In a mixer add the white and brown sugar and shortening and mix until combined, light in color and creamy.  Add the egg and vanilla and beat well. Add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined.  Fold in the Rice Krispies and chocolate and butterscotch chips.  Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. 

1 comment:

  1. My family always made rice krispie chocolate chip cookies, but adding butterscotch would make them so much better.

    ReplyDelete