Thursday, July 28, 2011

Fruit & Nut Granola

I love granola and love that it is such a quick easy thing to make and you can throw anything you like into it.  No one in my house eats it but me but that's certainly alright with me because that just means there is more for me!  I normally like to use cranberry juice but didn't have any on hand so used a bit of orange juice instead and I really liked the hint of orange flavor it gave it.  You can always modify your granola recipe to include your favorite goodies!
Fruit & Nut Granola

2 c. old fashioned oats
1/2 c. dried cherries
1/2 c. dried cranberries
1/2 c. sweetened coconut
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1/2 c. chopped almonds
1/4. c. honey
1/4 c. maple syrup
1/8 c. brown sugar
1/8 c. orange juice
2 tsp. cinnamon

Place honey, syrup, brown sugar and orange juice in a saucepan on medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved.  Toss oats, dried fruit, nuts and coconut into a bowl.   Add cinnamon and toss to combine.  Pour syrup mixture over the top.  Bake 300 degrees for 20-30 minutes.  Pull out of the oven and stir every 10 minutes to prevent burning.  Allow to cool completely before storing. 





No comments:

Post a Comment