Saturday, May 14, 2011

Farmer's Market Steak Marinade

It is that time of year when the Farmer's Market has finally come to my town!  This is my favorite time of year.  I love the Farmer's Market, I love all the fresh fruits, veggies, grass-fed meats and baked goods.  The weather here has been awful in Washington so far this year.  We haven't had much of a Spring.  Most days it is still raining and barely above 50 degrees.  Today was beautiful and sunny so my husband and I took the kids and headed to the Farmer's Market this morning.  We ended up getting local eggs, organic swiss chard and grass-fed T-bone steaks.  So guess what we are having for dinner!  Steak, eggs and greens.  Yummy!  We have a huge charcoal grill that we are gonna put these bad boys on.  We also find that marinating steaks for a few hours before grilling them really makes a huge difference in flavor and tenderness and juiciness.  So along with my ramblings at how awesome the Farmer's Market is I'll also include a post below of our steak marinade.  You won't be disappointed. 

Steak Marinade

1/2 c. olive oil
2 crushed garlic cloves
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce

Add all in a bag and combine and allow meat to marinate a few hours before grilling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment