Thursday, April 28, 2011

"Lots of Good Stuff" Cookies

My Dad gave me this recipe this week and I tried it and WOW, I absolutely loved it.  I love cookies, and am always looking to do new recipes or something different.  The cornflakes in this recipe gives it such awesome texture and taste.  I was thrilled with the results.  My husband and daughter both loved them too.  Thanks Dad for the awesome cookie recipe!! 
I will say I'm a shortening girl when it comes to my cookies but I did use butter in these ones because I was out of shortening.  So use what you like.  For crunchier cookies use butter.  For softer cookies use shortening.  I also cut this recipe in half because I tend to eat all my cookies one after the other until they are gone so to prevent me from eating too many I cut this in half.  It made about 18 good sized cookies, so I think the full recipe probably makes about 36ish.  

Lots of Good Stuff Cookies 
1 c. butter (2 sticks) room temp. (or 1 c. shortening) 
1 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
3/4 c. sugar
2 large eggs
1 c. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 c. crushed corn flakes
1 1/2 c. quick cooking oats
3 c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 pkg. semi sweet chocolate chips 
 

Preheat over to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar & sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer till creamy. Beat in eggs, vegetable oil, & vanilla till smooth. Stir in cereal & oats. Combine the flour, baking soda & salt then gradually add it to the mixture. Beat till combined and stir in the chocolate chips. Drop by heaping Tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes, or till lightly browned. Let cool for a couple minutes then move to where ever...Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for stopping by today! these look really yummy! i'm an af wife! i love the military spouse blogger button! definitely a great site! blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great.... I like making my cookies with butter, because I like them crunchy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic post. I am completely overjoyed. I never imagined such a thing being possible with it... I believe you are quite knowledgeable about these topics.
    assignment help

    ReplyDelete