Saturday, April 16, 2011

Banana Bread

I seem to be the only person in my house that likes nuts so my banana bread is nut-less.  Otherwise no one will eat it but me, and I don't need an entire loaf of banana bread all to myself.  So you are welcome to add nuts to yours even though my recipe doesn't include them.  When I can get away with it I add about 1 c. of nuts.  I think there are few things that make your house smell better than a loaf of banana bread in the oven.  


Banana Bread


2 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 large very ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 c. plain yogurt
2 large eggs
6 tbsp. unsalted melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease your loaf pan.  Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt together in large bowl.  Mash the bananas in a separate bowl.  Add the yogurt, eggs and vanilla into the bananas and whisk until combined.  Then slowly pour in the butter to the banana mixture while whisking.  Make sure you do it slow and whisk at the same time so you don't accident make your eggs start to scramble.  Pour the banana mixture into the flour and whisk until combined.  This is a thick and chunky batter so you may want to stir with a wooden spoon instead of a whisk at this point.  Mix until just combined.  Scrape into loaf pan and bake until golden brown, roughly 45-50 minutes.  Pierce with a knife and if it comes out clean it is done.  Let cool about 5 minutes before serving, but also great cold.  

3 comments:

  1. I love nuts... and I've made this and this is the BEST banana bread ever! It is gone in a day in our house!

    ReplyDelete