Monday, April 11, 2011

Asian Lettuce Wrap

I had ground beef defrosted tonight for dinner and wanted to do something different.  I get tired of the same ol' tacos, spaghetti and burgers we normally do with ground beef.  Granted it isn't easy to make ground beef look appetizing  in a picture but the flavors in the meat is really good so I didn't want to not post the recipe simply because my ground beef wasn't having a very photogenic day.  In the picture the peppers are sweet mini peppers.  I've been using a lot of those lately with my asian dishes because I love the pepper rings oppose to the strips and my daughter loves raw peppers and to keep her from getting bored I switch it up occasionally.  I just roll up my lettuce and eat it like a wrap.  My husband thinks that this is unmanly so just eats his over rice.


Asian Lettuce Wrap



1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
2 tbsp. chili-garlic sauce 
1  tsp. toasted sesame oil
4 tbsp. soy sauce
1/3 c. hoisin sauce
2 tbsp. vinegar
2 tbsp. sherry vinegar

2 tbsp. fresh grated ginger
Bibb Lettuce 
Bell Peppers 


Add ground beef to a pan and brown.  Whisk together the chili-garlic sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, sherry vinegar and ginger.  Pour onto meat and simmer for another 5 minutes.  I like to serve mine just like the picture shows.  I serve it over brown rice with diced red, yellow and orange bell peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment